Things to do
We love Sydney – and for first time or returning visitors, we’ve put together a list of our favourite things to do in this beautiful sunny city.
- Walk or climb the Harbour Bridge (climbs are best booked in advance)
- Wander around Circular Quay and explore the magnificent Sydney Harbour
- Check out the latest exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Visit the Botanical Gardens and take a leisurely stroll from Lady Macquarie’s chair through the Domain to the Opera House
- Catch a show at the Opera House
- Walk around The Rocks, the most historic part of Sydney. Also a great place to shop for Opals
- Explore Sydney Harbour by ferry – we recommend from Circular Quay to Manly beach
- Enjoy the array of collections at the Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Go for a swim at Bondi Beach
- Do as locals do and enjoy a coastal walk such as the Bondi-Bronte-Coogee, or Manly to Spit
- Watch the city transform with Sydney’s annual Vivid festival running through to June 13th this year
Check out Broadsheet Sydney for more information on places to visit and restaurant recommendations.
We recommend staying in any of the following areas…
Areas close by Carriageworks
- Surry Hills
- Sydney city
For a beach stay
- Bondi Junction
- Bondi Beach along to Tamarama, Bronte, Clovelly or Coogee
We recommend TripAdvisor or Agoda.com for help in finding the right hotels. Airbnb or stayz.com.au are great for local apartments. And Meriton suites are a serviced apartment group with several locations in the city, Bondi Junction and Waterloo.
Getting to Carriageworks
Address: 45 Wilson St, Eveleigh
From Sydney City
From Central station you can take a number of trains that go directly to Redfern station. Make sure to look for the South Coast Line.
From Bondi Junction
If you are coming from Bondi Junction, T4Cronulla via Kogarah will take you directly to the Redfern station.
From Bondi Beach
In order get to Carriageworks, catch a bus to Bondi Junction and from there by train to Redfern Station.
There are a number of buses that go to Bondi Junction including the 333, 380, 423,426,428,M30.
From Surry Hills
It is a ten minute walk to Central Station , from here you can take the train to Redfern Station
Glebe is one of the oldest areas in Sydney, with heritage listed buildings and 19th century terrace houses. Explore its colonial architecture and enjoy the lively weekend Glebe market. It is a ten minute walk from Carriageworks.